Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: A Grr-ific Exhibit
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is proud to present Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: A Grr-ific Exhibit from May 20 – September 3, 2017. Created by the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in partnership with The Fred Rogers Company, this exhibit is based on the award-winning PBS KIDS television series that follows the adventures of 4-year-old Daniel Tiger and his friends. The partnership sought to connect the familiar TV world, where young viewers learn and find comfort with Daniel, to the three-dimensional, multi-sensory experience the exhibit provides.
In Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: A Grr-ific Exhibit children ages 2 to 6 enter the world of Daniel Tiger and friends to explore the Neighborhood. Through immersive experiences, visitors collaborate to solve problems, use their imaginations to transform their surroundings and play along with Daniel’s singable strategies as they learn life’s little lessons.
Exhibit elements include an Imagination Stage, where kids can put on costumes of series characters and step onto the stage to act; The Music Shop, where children can express themselves through unusual instruments; The Post Office, where they can sort, deliver and receive packages and letters; and a Thank You Tree, where visitors can write or draw thank-you notes and put them on the tree.
Along with the emotional lessons gleaned in the Neighborhood, visitors can:
- Transform into to a favorite character with masks and costumes
- Compose a song or play along with one-of-a-kind instruments
- Create stories through the Movable Character Mural
- Step inside the Clock Factory to play with a variety of clocks
- Knit a sweater piece with help from the Red Sweater Knitting Machine
- Identify spots in one’s own neighborhood on the interactive world map
- Cozy up with a good book in O the Owl’s Reading Nest
- Stroll with a Trolley along the path, and ring the bell upon arrival!