Summer Discovery Camps & Spring Break Camp
One-week long Spring Break Camps are packed with new friends and discoveries. Two-week long Summer Discovery Camp sessions are a chance for campers to form stronger bonds and settle into a routine.
After care will run from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. each day of camp for an additional fee of $125/week.
When you enroll your child for camp, you will see all available camps for their age. For Spring Camps, enrollment options will be for your child‘s age by March 1, 2022. For Summer Camps, enrollment options will be for your child’s age by June 1, 2022.
Camp takes place at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, located at Fort Baker, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965.
- Once registration is open, you can register and purchase camp online through the Bay Area Discovery Museum’s website.
- From the camps webpage, click on the "Register Now" button.
- You will need to create a CampSite account to sign up for camps.
- Once you create an account, you will be able to select camps and checkout online.
Check to see when registration is open for different BADM membership levels and the general public.
Spring Discovery Camps are available for children ages 4 through 6, and offer “Best of BADM” activities and topics.
Summer Discovery Camps are available for children ages 4 through 14, and explore engaging themes such as outdoor adventures, art, tinkering, natural science, and more!
Our camps provide children with an opportunity to explore engaging activities that interest them, all while teaching creative problem-solving techniques or presenting new ways of thinking about how things are made.
Spring Camp Sessions are one week long.
Summer Camps Sessions are two weeks long.
To be eligible for Spring Break Camps, children must be at least 4 years old by March 1, 2022. Campers must have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
To be eligible for Summer Discovery Camps, children must be at least 4 years old by June 1, 2022. Campers must have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
Campers enjoy a day packed with fun! Here is an example of a day:
8:45 – 9 a.m. - Drop-off
9 – 10:30 a.m. - Theme exploration and project work
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. - Snack*
10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Outdoor exploration
12 – 12:45 p.m. - Lunch*
12:45 – 1:30 p.m. - Project work
1:30 – 2 p.m. - Snack*
2 – 3 p.m. - Museum exploration and free play
3 – 3:45 p.m. - Story time or group game
3:05 – 4 p.m. - Extended care option ($125/week)
No food is provided during camp. For each day of camp, please make sure to provide your child with two snacks and a lunch. Please note: we are a nut-free program.
Food is available to order through Bean Sprouts Cafe. Order Now
Discovery Camp drop off and pick up is done in the horseshoe driveway by the main entrance to the museum. Camp staff will be stationed along the driveway to greet you and are recognizable by their yellow aprons. For pick up, an authorized adult must show a photo ID and sign children out.
COVID procedures at drop-off:
- All campers and their families are required to self-screen, in accordance with CDC guidelines, and are responsible for attesting to conducting a self-screen before entering the site.
- Self-screening questions will be available for families to view on CampSite, during morning drop-off and in reminder emails.
- Only campers who verbally answer NO when asked if they have any of the self-screening symptoms will be permitted onsite.
- Campers who are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be directed to stay home.
They’ll likely want to tell you all about their day, but we’ll also keep you up-to-date on the fun your camper is having through email communications from camp staff.
There is an additional $1 per minute late pick-up fee for all children remaining more than five minutes past their registered pick-up time.
At Bay Area Discovery Museum, we strive to make camp available to all. All scholarship spots are full for Summer 2022.
Please note that our refund policy has been updated for Spring. All camp cancellation requests must be received in writing, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy. The full updated policy is detailed below:
- Cancellations for Discovery Spring Break Camp more than one month prior to a session’s start date are refunded, minus a cancellation fee of $100.
- Cancellations within one month of a session’s start date (after February 28, 2022) will not receive a refund in any amount
- Spring Break camp transfers:
- are free until February 28, 2022
- after February 28, 2022, there will be a $25 administrative fee
Please note that our refund policy has been updated for Summer 2022. All camp cancellation requests must be received in writing, either by email to email@example.com or in hard copy. The full updated policy is detailed below:
- Cancellations for Discovery Summer Camp more than one month prior to a session’s start date are refunded, minus a cancellation fee of $100.
- Cancellations within one month of a session’s start date will not receive a refund in any amount
- Summer camp transfers:
- (Between dates or themes) are free until May 8, 2022
- After May 8, 2022 incur a $25 administrative fee per transfer
- Transfers from waitlist into a camp are not charged a transfer fee
- BADM reserves the right to cancel camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a camp is cancelled, transfers will be offered, or refunds will be issued.
Yes. If a Discovery Camp session is full, please feel free to add your name to the online waitlist. If an opening becomes available, a Discovery Camp staff member will contact you about filling the spot.
Face Coverings are optional throughout the Museum but strongly recommended for indoor spaces.
Discovery Camp maintains an 8:1 maximum ratio of campers to education staff with additional support from Interns and Junior Counselors.