Hours & Admission
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land in Sausalito. Featuring seven exhibition spaces and more than six daily drop-in programs for children 6 months of age to 10 years, all of our programs and exhibitions are research-backed.
At BADM, we believe in early learning experiences that inspire and build fundamental creative problem solving skills in children, transforming the way they learn and the way they contribute to the world. Learn more about our STEM-focused, inquiry-driven experiences.
Tuesday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Member Hour: Saturday 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Open Monday, March 25 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Member Hour is for BADM Members only.
Not a member of BADM? Learn more about membership.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is closed Mondays unless noted.
BADM is closed on Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and for two weeks in September for annual maintenance.
General Admission tickets include access to all indoor and outdoor exhibits, plus a wide range of daily drop-in programs.
- $1 – For EBT Cardholders ($1 per family member of the household)
- $13.95 – Baby (ages 6-11 months)
- $15.95 – Child (ages 1-17)
- $15.95 – Adult (ages 18-64)
- $13.95 – Senior (ages 65+)
Become a member and visit as often as you like throughout the year, while enjoying a number of additional membership benefits. If you visit three or more times this year, a membership pays for itself! You can also apply the cost of your admission toward a membership on the day you visit!
$1 Admission for EBT Cardholders
BADM offers $1 admission to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cardholders and their families ($1 per family member) through the Museums for All program. Present your EBT card to the front desk upon arrival – no prior registration is required.
For safety reasons, all children must be accompanied by adults at all times, and all adults accompanied by children. To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, BADM requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times. We reserve the right to turn away visitors who do not comply with this 1:5 adult-to-child ratio.
Visit for Free
Free First Wednesday
Admission is free to the general public on the first Wednesday of each month.
Use Membership Cards from Libraries
Many local libraries have Bay Area Discovery Museum Membership Cards that can be checked out and used to visit the museum. Check with your local library!
Active Military Discount
We offer free admission to one child and one adult with an active military ID.
Request a Donation
Are you a school or nonprofit organization hosting a fundraising event?
Partner Membership Discount
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following discounts:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM): Members of other children’s museums may be available depending on your membership level. Check your membership card for the ACM sticker. Valid members receive 50 percent off general admission to BADM.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to more than 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
Our Open Door Policy
BADM does not turn away visitors due to lack of funds. Families are welcome to visit the museum on a pay-what-you-can basis. To participate, tell the front desk staff that you wish to enter under the open door policy.
Plan Your Visit
We are located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito.