Hours & Admission
Any updates regarding COVID-19 or BADM’s response to the situation will be communicated to all visitors via email, posted on the BADM website, and shared via social media channels.
Bay Area Discovery Museum hours, admission prices, discounts, and more.
Regular Hours (When Open)
Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.* - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Member Hour is for BADM Members only.
Not a member of BADM? Learn more about membership.
General Admission tickets include access to all indoor and outdoor exhibits, plus a wide range of daily drop-in programs.
- $1 – For EBT Cardholders ($1 per family member of the household)
- $13.95 – Baby (ages 6-11 months)
- $15.95 – Child (ages 1-17)
- $15.95 – Adult (ages 18-64)
- $13.95 – Senior (ages 65+)
Get $1 Off Online Tickets!
Purchase tickets online to receive $1 off each ticket. Not valid for Goblin Jamboree.
The museum is closed Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and for 10 days for annual maintenance in September.
The museum is regularly closed Mondays except on school break days and June - August.
$1 Admission for EBT Cardholders
BADM offers $1 admission to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cardholders and their families ($1 per family member) through the Museums for All program. Present your EBT card to the front desk upon arrival – no prior registration is required.
For safety reasons, all children must be accompanied by adults at all times, and all adults accompanied by children. To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, BADM requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times. We reserve the right to turn away visitors who do not comply with this 1:5 adult-to-child ratio.
Visit for Free
Free First Wednesday
Free First Wednesday is every other month. Admission is free to Bay Area residents.* There is no Free Day in January or February 2020.
- March 4
- May 6
- July 1
- September 2
- November 4
*Must show proof of residency (photo ID or piece of mail) in one of the nine Bay Area counties.
Use Membership Cards from Libraries
Many local libraries have Bay Area Discovery Museum Membership Cards that can be checked out and used to visit the museum. Check with your local library!
Blue Star Museum Program
Active Military Discount
We offer free admission to one child and one adult with an active military ID. This discount is offered year-round.
Request a Donation
Are you a school or nonprofit organization hosting a fundraising event?
Partner Membership Discount
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following discounts:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM): Members of other children’s museums may be available depending on your membership level. Check your membership card for the ACM sticker. Valid members receive 50 percent off general admission to BADM.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to more than 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
Our Open Door Policy
BADM does not turn away visitors due to lack of funds. Families are welcome to visit the museum on a pay-what-you-can basis. To participate, tell the front desk staff that you wish to enter under the open door policy.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land in Sausalito. Featuring seven exhibition spaces and more than six daily drop-in programs for children 6 months of age to 10 years, all of our programs and exhibitions are research-backed.
At BADM, we believe in early learning experiences that inspire and build fundamental creative problem solving skills in children, transforming the way they learn and the way they contribute to the world. Learn more about our STEM-focused, inquiry-driven experiences.
Plan Your Visit
We are located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito.