We believe that providing children with the high-quality, research-backed early learning experiences they need to be successful is the best investment we can make as a society.
At BADM, the way we do this is by fulfilling our mission to transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving.
To ensure children are provided with high-quality, research-backed experiences the Bay Area Discovery Museum:
- specializes in early learning during the first decade of children’s lives
- develops proprietary, research-backed educational assets that inform initiatives, exhibits, and programming
- contributes expert knowledge, proven processes, successes and learnings, and research-backed findings to the global early education field
- champions investment in early childhood and the capabilities of young children.
- provides access initiatives that strive to make early experiences accessible to all children
- serves as a resource to the community of parents, educators, and adults who raise, teach, and nurture children
The Bay Area Discovery Museum provides high-quality, research-backed experiences to children through
- A research division that synthesizes and transforms research to inform the creation of innovative early learning experiences for children.
- Innovative, research-backed programming that develops 21st century skills through STEM and the Arts.
- A children’s museum with a unique, research-backed educational rationale; dedicated spaces for children 6 months to 10 years old; and research backed exhibits, programs, and learning goals.
- School and community partnerships through which we offer research-backed, NGSS and Common Core aligned programs, including a mobile engineering lab, that can be attended at the museum or brought to schools.
- Local and national partnerships that leverage BADM’s expertise and innovative approaches to early learning experiences.
- A museum-based preschool that develops children’s creative problem-solving skills through a STEM and art-rich, innovative practice that responds to student’s unique curiosities, questions, and interests.
- Camps and classes, with research-backed curriculum that are project-based and hands-on.
Our mission is to transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving.
Share This Page
Wednesday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Member Hour: 9 - 10 a.m.
Closed Monday - Tuesday
BADM will be closed Sunday, July 4
BADM is a partner of the Golden Gate National Parks.
Financial Statements and Annual Reports
Browse BADM’s annual reports and financial statements.
Request a Donation
BADM fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations; you can request one now.