We believe that providing children with the high-quality, research-backed early learning experiences they need to be successful is the best investment we can make as a society.
At Bay Area Discovery Museum, the way we do this is by fulfilling our mission to create playful learning experiences that inspire a passion for discovery in every child.
To ensure children are provided with high-quality, research-backed experiences the Bay Area Discovery Museum:
- specializes in early learning during the first decade of children’s lives
- develops proprietary, research-backed educational assets that inform initiatives, exhibits, and programming
- contributes expert knowledge, proven processes, successes and learnings, and research-backed findings to the global early education field
- champions investment in early childhood and the capabilities of young children.
- provides access initiatives that strive to make early experiences accessible to all children
- serves as a resource to the community of parents, educators, and adults who raise, teach, and nurture children
The Bay Area Discovery Museum provides high-quality, research-backed experiences to children through
- A research division that synthesizes and transforms research to inform the creation of innovative early learning experiences for children.
- Innovative, research-backed programming that develops 21st century skills through STEM and the Arts.
- A children’s museum with a unique, research-backed educational rationale; dedicated spaces for children 6 months to 10 years old; and research backed exhibits, programs, and learning goals.
- School and community partnerships through which we offer research-backed, NGSS and Common Core aligned programs, including a mobile engineering lab, that can be attended at the museum or brought to schools.
- Local and national partnerships that leverage BADM’s expertise and innovative approaches to early learning experiences.
- A museum-based preschool that develops children’s creative problem-solving skills through a STEM and art-rich, innovative practice that responds to student’s unique curiosities, questions, and interests.
- Camps and classes, with research-backed curriculum that are project-based and hands-on.
Our mission is to create playful learning experiences that inspire a passion for discovery in every child.
Share This Page
Wednesday - Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Member Hour: 9 – 10 a.m.
Closed Monday – Tuesday
The museum will be closing early on Thursday, March 9 at 3 p.m. for staff training.
Find BADM press contacts, press releases, and press coverage.
Learn about BADM’s senior leadership team.
Board of Trustees
Learn more about BADM’s Board of Trustees.
For engaging and rewarding work, join BADM’s top-notch staff.
Our staff works hard to make every visit special. Learn a little more about us!
Research and Advisory
Learn more about the BADM’s research and advisory division.
BADM is a partner of the Golden Gate National Parks.
Financial Statements and Annual Reports
Browse BADM’s annual reports and financial statements.
Request a Donation
BADM fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations; you can request one now.