We believe that providing children with the high-quality, research-backed early learning experiences they need to be successful is the best investment we can make as a society
At BADM, the way we do this is by fulfilling our mission to transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving.
To ensure children are provided with high-quality, research-backed experiences the Bay Area Discovery Museum:
- specializes in early learning during the first decade of children’s lives
- develops proprietary, research-backed educational assets that inform initiatives, exhibits, and programming
- contributes expert knowledge, proven processes, successes and learnings, and research-backed findings to the global early education field
- champions investment in early childhood and the capabilities of young children.
- provides access initiatives that strive to make early experiences accessible to all children
- serves as a resource to the community of parents, educators, and adults who raise, teach, and nurture children
The Bay Area Discovery Museum provides high-quality, research-backed experiences to children through
- A research division that synthesizes and transforms research to inform the creation of innovative early learning experiences for children.
- Innovative, research-backed programming that develops 21st century skills through STEM and the Arts.
- A children’s museum with a unique, research-backed educational rationale; dedicated spaces for children 6 months to 10 years old; and research backed exhibits, programs, and learning goals.
- School and community partnerships through which we offer research-backed, NGSS and Common Core aligned programs, including a mobile engineering lab, that can be attended at the museum or brought to schools.
- Local and national partnerships that leverage BADM’s expertise and innovative approaches to early learning experiences.
- A museum-based preschool that develops children’s creative problem-solving skills through a STEM and art-rich, innovative practice that responds to student’s unique curiosities, questions, and interests.
- Camps and classes, with research-backed curriculum that are project-based and hands-on.
Our mission is to transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving.
Share This Page
The museum is closed through March 31, based on the recommendation by the California Department of Public Health.
BADM is a partner of the Golden Gate National Parks.
Financial Statements and Annual Reports
Browse BADM’s annual reports and financial statements.
Request a Donation
BADM fulfills hundreds of donation requests from school and community organizations; you can request one now.