Write a funny caption for a cartoon! In this activity, children stretch their imagination to invent a silly description for a cartoon.
- Pen or pencil (something to write with)
- Illustrations (provided below)
1. Choose one of the illustrations below.
2. Write as many captions as you can for the picture. The more captions, the better.
3. Review the list of captions. Select a favorite and share with others.
Try these add-on activities:
- Draw an original cartoon. Have a friend create a caption.
- Turn the activity into a group contest. Have multiple children do the activity and then pick the caption that is most creative or most uncommon as a winner.