Big Art Weekend
Reuse, Recreate, Reimagine
In honor of Earth Day, celebrate the art of nature and creative reuse at Big Art Weekend, April 22 – 23. Around every corner, you’ll discover new possibilities for creativity.
April 22 and 23, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Member Hour: 9 – 10 a.m.
General Admission: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
All activities included in admission. Tickets are required due to limited capacity.
Tickets are free for members and must be reserved in advance.
Sunday, April 23 Tickets:
Admission Pass or Discount
- To use Guest Passes or gain admission through our Access Programs, including Museums for All (EBT), admission passes or other discounts, simply visit the museum.
- Ticket reservations for these passes do not need to be made in advance.
- If it's your first time, please register on our website for a more efficient check-in process.
- Bubble Dance Party: Create bubbles big and small as you dance with friends and family to live music with a bubble artist from Bubblemania!
- Art Rocks!: Decorate your own rock and add it to our community rock garden or bring your rock friend home!
- Flower Power Garden: Join our friends at SCRAP SF to create beautiful cardboard flowers then plant them in a growing garden.
- Nature Painting: Create a masterpiece with nature’s tools. Use leaves, twigs and grasses to paint a community mural.
- Recycled Runway: Design your own cardboard crown or cap accessory and show off your creation by strutting the recycled runway.
- Scribblebots: Use recycled materials to design and build your own robot that draws!
- Wild Impressions: Explore and play with the texture of natural materials by pressing flowers, leaves, gumnuts and more into clay.
- Performances by: Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble
- Donor Circle Event, April 22: Look out for an email to RSVP for breakfast and more bubbles the morning of April 22!