Digital Scavenger Hunt
A scavenger hunt is a great way to make familiar surroundings feel fun and fresh again! Use a camera to put a digital twist on this classic activity, which you can do in teams or all together as a family. You might be surprised at what you can—and can’t—find in your very own home!
- Take Risks and Persist Through Challenge
- Learn to Collaborate
- Cell phone or tablet with a camera, or a digital camera
- Paper and writing utensil (optional)
- Make a list of items in your home that can easily be photographed and/or videoed
- For ideas to get you started, you can use the list below:
- Something blue
- Something that grew in the ground
- Something that makes you smile
- Something big next to something small
- Something your best friend would like
- A pet playing
- Someone making a funny face
- Something you’ve never seen before
- Something close up
- Something making a sound
- Decide on a time limit and set a timer. The longer the list, the longer the time limit should be.
- Start the scavenger hunt! When you find an item, take a video or photo it as appropriate.
- Find as many items on the list as you can before time runs out. If you split into teams, the team that find the most items from the list is the winner.
Tips for Adults:
- To keep the fun going even after the scavenger hunt ends, make a photo collage and group items by their similarities. For example, group together everything that edible or everything that is smaller than a shoe box.
- Talk about which items on the list were easy to find and which were hard, and why.
Support BADM during COVID-19