School Holiday and Summer Discovery Camps FAQ
If a camp session is full, please feel free to add your name to the online waitlist. We will contact you if an opening becomes available.
After care will run from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. each day of camp for an additional fee.
When you enroll your child for camp, you will see all available camps for their age. Campers must be of age for their camp by the first day of the session.
Camp takes place at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, located at Fort Baker, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965.
- Once registration is open, you can register and purchase camp online through the Bay Area Discovery Museum’s website.
- From the camps webpage, click on the "Register Now" button.
- You will need to create a CampSite account to sign up for camps.
- Once you create an account, you will be able to select camps and checkout online.
Discovery Camps are available for children ages 3 through 8, and offer the best of the museum while explore engaging themes such as outdoor adventures, art, tinkering, natural science, and more!
Our camps provide children with an opportunity to explore engaging activities that interest them, all while teaching creative problem-solving techniques or presenting new ways of thinking about how things are made.
All campers must:
- Be fully toilet trained and able to use the restroom and change their clothes independently
- Have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
- Be at least 3 years old by the camp start date.
Campers enjoy a day packed with fun! Here is an example of a day:
8:45 – 9 a.m. - Drop-off
9 – 10:30 a.m. - Theme exploration and project work
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. - Snack
10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Outdoor exploration
12 – 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 – 1:30 p.m. - Project work
1:30 – 2 p.m. - Snack
2 – 3 p.m. - Museum exploration and free play
3:05 – 4 p.m. - Extended care option ($30/day)
Food is available to order from the museum’s café, Beansprouts for select Discovery Camps. To view menu options, click here.
Bean Sprouts Pricing:
- Winter Break - $40
- President’s Week - $50
- Spring Break - $50
- Summer Camp* - $50
*Meals from Bean Sprouts will not be an option for Summer camp the week of July 1-July 5.
Pick-up and drop-off is done in the entry pavilion. Please walk your camper up to the registration table to be dropped off. Pick-up will occur in the same location. For pick up, an authorized adult must show a photo ID to sign children out.
They’ll likely want to tell you all about their day, but we’ll also keep you up-to-date on the fun your camper is having through daily updates in Camp Today. You can access Camp Today by logging in to the Parent Dashboard.
There is an additional $1 per minute late pick-up fee for all children remaining more than five minutes past their registered pick-up time.
At Bay Area Discovery Museum, we strive to make camp available to all. We offer a limited amount of scholarships for each session of camp and you can apply here.
- Cancellations for Discovery Camp more than one month prior to a session’s start date are refunded, minus a cancellation fee of $100 per session cancelled.
- Cancellations within one month of a session’s start date will not receive a refund in any amount.
- Transfers between sessions or themes incur a $25 administrative fee per change.
- If the museum closes camp for any full camp sessions due to COVID restrictions, refunds will be available, minus an administrative fee of $75. The camp follows Marin County Public Health guidelines.
- If the museum closes camp in the middle of a session due to COVID restrictions, prorated refunds may be available minus an administrative fee of $75.
- The museum reserves the right to cancel camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a camp is cancelled, transfers will be offered, or refunds will be issued with no additional fees.
Deadlines to receive a refund of fees for each Discovery Camp session are listed below and no refunds will be issued after these dates:
|SESSION||CAMP START||CANCELLATION DEADLINE|
|Veteran’s Day Camp||November 10, 2023||October 10, 2023|
|Thanksgiving Break Camp||November 20, 2023||October 20, 2023|
|Winter Break Camp Session 1||December 26, 2023||November 16, 2023|
|Winter Break Camp Session 2||January 2, 2024||December 2, 2024|
|MLK Day Camp||January 15, 2024||December 15, 2024|
|Mid-Winter Break Camp||February 19, 2024||January 19, 2024|
Face-coverings are optional but strongly recommended. Our face-covering policy follows the museum policy and is subject to change.
Camps maintain a 9:1 maximum ratio of campers to education staff with additional support from Interns.
Our camp team may be able to run additional sessions of camp based on staff availability. Let us know you want an additional camp session here.