School Holiday and Summer Discovery Camps FAQ
Discovery Camps run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
After care will run from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. each day of camp for an additional fee of $30/day.
When you enroll your child for camp, you will see all available camps for their age.
School Holiday Camps are for ages 4-6 years old.
Summer Discovery Camps are for ages 3–8 years old.
Camp takes place at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, located at Fort Baker, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965.
- Once registration is open, you can register and purchase camp online through the Bay Area Discovery Museum’s website.
- From the camps webpage, click on the "Register Now" button.
- You will need to create a CampSite account to sign up for camps.
- Once you create an account, you will be able to select camps and checkout online.
School Holiday Camps are available for children ages 4 through 6, and offer “Best of Bay Area Discovery Museum” activities and topics.
Summer Discovery Camps are available for children ages 4 through 8, and explore engaging themes such as outdoor adventures, art, tinkering, natural science, and more!
Our camps provide children with an opportunity to explore engaging activities that interest them, all while teaching creative problem-solving techniques or presenting new ways of thinking about how things are made.
Fall Discovery Camps are 1 or 2 day sessions during school breaks.
Winter Camps are 4 or 5 days long.
Spring Camp Sessions are one week long.
Summer Camps Sessions are one or two weeks long.
All campers must be fully toilet trained and able to use the restroom and change their clothes independently.
To be eligible for Fall and Winter Camps children must be at least 4 years old by November 1, 2022. Campers must have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
To be eligible for Spring Break Camps, children must be at least 4 years old by January 1, 2023. Campers must have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
To be eligible for Summer Discovery Camps, children must be at least 4 years old by June 1, 2023. For 3 year old camp, children must be 3 years old by July 10, 2023 or enrolled in The Discovery School for 2023-24. Campers must have experience separating from caregivers in a drop-off setting, such as school.
Campers enjoy a day packed with fun! Here is an example of a day:
8:45 – 9 a.m. - Drop-off
9 – 10:30 a.m. - Theme exploration and project work
10:30 – 10:45 a.m. - Snack*
10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Outdoor exploration
12 – 12:45 p.m. - Lunch*
12:45 – 1:30 p.m. - Project work
1:30 – 2 p.m. - Snack*
2 – 3 p.m. - Museum exploration and free play
3:05 – 4 p.m. - Extended care option ($30/day)
Food is available to order from the museum’s café, Beansprouts for Spring and Summer Discovery Camps. To view menu options, click here.
Bean Sprouts Pricing:
- Spring Break Camp - $50
- Summer Two-week Session - $100
- Summer Two-week (July 4) Session -$80
- Summer One-week Session - $50
- Summer One-week (July 4) Session - $30
Pick-up and drop-off is done in the entry pavilion. Please walk your camper up to the registration table to be dropped off. Pick-up will occur in the same location. For pick up, an authorized adult must show a photo ID to sign children out.
COVID procedures at drop-off:
- All campers and their families are required to self-screen, in accordance with CDC guidelines, and are responsible for attesting to conducting a self-screen before entering the site.
- Campers who are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be directed to stay home.
They’ll likely want to tell you all about their day, but we’ll also keep you up-to-date on the fun your camper is having through daily updates in Camp Today. You can access Camp Today by logging in to the Parent Dashboard.
There is an additional $1 per minute late pick-up fee for all children remaining more than five minutes past their registered pick-up time.
At Bay Area Discovery Museum, we strive to make camp available to all. We offer a limited amount of scholarships of $40/day. To apply for a scholarship, fill out the form here.
School Break Camps
- Cancellations for Discovery Camp more than one month prior to a session’s start date are refunded, minus a cancellation fee of $100.
- Cancellations within one month of a session’s start date will not receive a refund in any amount
- If the museum closes camp for any full camp sessions due to COVID restrictions, refunds will be available, minus an administrative fee of $75. The camp follows Marin County Public Health guidelines.
- If the museum closes camp in the middle of a session due to COVID restrictions, prorated refunds may be available minus an administrative fee of $75.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum reserves the right to cancel camps due to insufficient enrollment. If a camp is canceled, transfers will be offered, or refunds will be issued.
Deadlines to receive a refund of fees for each School Break session are listed below and no refunds will be issued after these dates:
|CAMP SESSION||CAMP START||CANCELLATION DEADLINE|
|Martin Luther King Day||January 16, 2023||December 16, 2022|
|Mid-Winter Break||February 20, 2023||January 20, 2023|
|Spring Break||April 10, 2023||March 10, 2023|
|Summer Session 1||June 19, 2023||May 19, 2023|
|Summer Session 1A||June 19, 2023||May 19, 2023|
|Summer Session 1B||June 26, 2023||May 26, 2023|
|Summer Session 2||July 3, 2023||June 3, 2023|
|Summer Session 2A||July 3, 2023||June 3, 2023|
|Summer Session 2B||July 10, 2023||June 10, 2023|
|Summer Session 3||July 17, 2023||June 17, 2023|
|Summer Session 3A||July 17, 2023||June 17, 2023|
|Summer Session 3B||July 24, 2023||June 24, 2023|
|Summer Session 4||July 31, 2023||June 30, 2023|
|Summer Session 4A||July 31, 2023||June 30, 2023|
|Summer Session 4B||August 7, 2023||July 7, 2023|
Yes. If a Discovery Camp session is full, please feel free to add your name to the online waitlist. If an opening becomes available, a Discovery Camp staff member will contact you about filling the spot.
Face-coverings are optional but strongly recommended. Our face-covering policy follows the museum policy and is subject to change.
Camps maintain a 9:1 maximum ratio of campers to education staff with additional support from Interns.
No problem! For any questions about Discovery Camps, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.