Science Theater Workshop Sweepstakes
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. The Bay Area Discovery Science Theater Workshop Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins March 15, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 22, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes is sponsored and hosted by the Bay Area Discovery Museum, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965 (“BADM” or “Sponsor”). Pacific Time means the local time in San Francisco, California on the specified date. The Sponsor’s computer system is the official timekeeping device with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to current legal residents of the 50 Unites States (excluding military bases overseas, Puerto Rico, and US Territories) who are at least 18 years (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside) by the date of Entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of BADM [or of any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”)] and their immediate family members and those living in their household, whether or not related, and each person or entity connected with the production, administration of the Sweepstakes, are not eligible. Immediate family members include spouse, parent, child, sibling, including stepparents, children, siblings, half siblings, and all their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside.
2. HOW TO ENTER. There are two ways to enter: (1) Membership Registration and Entry: Join, renew, or rejoin BADM during the Sweepstakes Period by fully and accurately completing the membership Registration webform and payment online at BADM.org/Join22 or by fully and accurately completing the reply mail form provided in the Membership direct mailer, and returning it with a valid form of payment via US Mail to the address provided; or (2) Entry Only: Simply put the words “SCIENCE THEATER WORKSHOP” on a 3x5 card or postcard, along with your full legal name, mailing address, email address, and phone number, and mail the card, postage paid, to Science Theater Workshop Sweepstakes, Bay Area Discovery Museum, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965. Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by the close of the Sweepstakes Period, April 22, 2022, and received by April 30, 2022 (the "Mail-In Deadline"). Only one entry per household.
3. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. On or about May 5, 2022 (“Drawing Date”), three (3) Entries will be selected at random by a representative of BADM from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and the Mail-In Deadline (the “Selected Entrants”). BADM will contact each Selected Entrant at the telephone number and/or email address provided in the Entry. Each Selected Entrant must respond (as directed) and fulfill any additional requirements contained in the winner notification message, including signing and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability and Publicity Release (“Release”) to BADM within 72 hours of attempted notification. Upon satisfaction of these requirements, the Selected Entrant will be declared an Official Prize Winner. In the event that BADM is unable to contact a Selected Entrant, or the Selected Entrant does not comply with all requirements in the winner notification message within the timeframe stated, BADM will disqualify the Selected Entrant and randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among all remaining eligible Entries. An alternate Selected Entrant must comply with all the requirements of this paragraph and winner notification message, in the same timeframe, as if s/he had been selected as the original Selected Entrant or be disqualified in the manner set forth in this paragraph. Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number.
4. OFFICIAL PRIZE: Three (3) Official Prizes will be awarded. Each Official Prize consists of one (1) Science Theater Workshop at the Bay Area Discovery Museum and two (2) family invitations to the Donor Summer Kickoff Party on May 14, 2022 and is subject to change. A Science Theater Workshop is valued at Three Hundred and Eighty Dollars US ($380.00), is not for resale, and cannot be exchanged. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Official Winners, and Official Winners who are U.S. residents may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value ("ARV") of any awarded prize.
5. ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
6. DISQUALIFICATION: BADM reserves the right in its sole discretion permanently to disqualify from this Sweepstakes, any person it believes has violated these Official Rules, is not eligible to participate, who has provided false information, has or intends to act in a harassing or unsportsmanlike manner with respect to BADM, [any Sweepstakes Entity,] or any Entrant, or tampered with the operation of the Sweepstakes, including by hacking, attempting to participate via multiple accounts, using any bot or other automatic means to affect participation in or operation of the Sweepstakes, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. BADM’s decisions as to all issues, including eligibility/disqualification, shall be final. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BADM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All decisions of BADM are final and binding; and Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes is void outside the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
BADM [the Sweepstakes Entities], its [their] attorneys and affiliates, [together with its [their] directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, including without limitation, its [their] respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, or administration of the Sweepstakes] (collectively, the “Releasees”) shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, invalid, garbled or unintelligible Entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. BADM disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond BADM’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, including awarding any prize from among the Entries received up until the time of cancellation/suspension or modification that BADM in its sole discretion determines are eligible and uncorrupted.
By accepting the prize, each Official Winner agrees to release the Releasees from any and all liabilities, injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or to property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from awarding, receipt, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
BADM reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and by accepting an Official Prize, each Official Winner grants permission for BADM [and the Sweepstakes Entities] to use the Official Winner’s name, likeness, and biographical and/or prize information as part of that publicity, including announcements on BADM’s [and Sweepstakes Entities’] social media and web pages, as well as for future advertising and all legal purposes in any and all media now existing or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, review or permission, unless prohibited by law.
By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that: any action arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator, all pursuant to the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules as supplemented by AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”). The arbitration shall be held at a location in the state in which you live. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANYTHING AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IS HEREBY WAIVED. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, if the amount in dispute arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules is less than the jurisdictional maximum of a small claims court applicable in the state in which the Entrant lives, Entrant may bring an action in such small claims court for such dispute, which will be in lieu of arbitration or an action in any other court. All claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall attorneys’ fees be awarded; and Entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, participants’ rights, and obligations, and the rights and obligations of BADM or any Sweepstakes Entity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For a copy of these Official Rules or a winners list, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Science Theater Workshop Sweepstakes, Bay Area Discovery Museum, 557 McReynolds Road, Sausalito, CA 94965. Request must be received by May 5, 2022.
Phone: (415) 339-3995
Information on how to access your membership cards and other frequently asked questions.
See our upcoming members-only programs and events.