Become a Volunteer
Consider yourself young at heart with a child-like sense of wonder? Are you looking to give back? If so, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you! Volunteers at the Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) provide essential services that enhance the experience of our guests while at the same time having fun themselves. Join our volunteer staff and you’ll be enriching the lives of our visitors by inspiring the next generations of creative thinkers and innovators.
Becoming a BADM volunteer is a great way to contribute to the museum’s mission to transform research into early learning experiences that inspire creative problem solving. Other benefits include:
- Immersion in child-directed teaching approach
- Complete service learning hours
- Rewarding opportunity to share your skills and talents
- Create networking opportunities
- A 10% off coupon at the Discovery Store
- Have fun while enriching the lives of children and families
Requirements for Volunteers
All volunteers must adhere to the following requirements:
- Complete a volunteer application and interview
- Consent to a background check -
- Be at least 15-years-old
- Commit to a 6 month period
- Be able to be on your feet and move from place to place for up to four hours at a time in all types of weather
- Be fun, flexible, and reliable
Share this Page
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Learn more about your organization can support BADM by becoming a Corporate Partner!
Contact Madeleine Crow
(415) 339-3914 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Friends of BADM
Deepen your engagement with the museum! Join Friends of BADM, a committee who support the museum through volunteering and philanthropy.
Contact Sarah Hauser
(415) 339-3962 / email@example.com
Jobs at BADM
Browse current job listings and apply to work at BADM.