Hours & Admission
Based on the recommendation of the California Department of Public Health, Bay Area Discovery Museum is currently closed.
Any updates regarding COVID-19 or BADM’s response to the situation will be communicated to all visitors via email, posted on the BADM website, and shared via social media channels.
Regular Hours (When Open)
Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.* - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Member Hour is for BADM Members only.
Not a member of BADM? Learn more about membership.
- $1 – For EBT Cardholders ($1 per family member of the household)
- $13.95 – Baby (ages 6-11 months)
- $15.95 – Child (ages 1-17)
- $15.95 – Adult (ages 18-64)
- $13.95 – Senior (ages 65+)
Admission tickets include access to all indoor and outdoor exhibits, museum events*, and all daily drop-in programs.
*Goblin Jamboree, BADM's annual family fundraiser is not included in the price of admission.
Museums for All - $1 Admission
BADM offers $1 admission to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cardholders and their families ($1 per family member) through the Museums for All program. Present your EBT card to the front desk upon arrival – no prior registration is required.
Free First Wednesday
Admission is free to Bay Area residents* the first Wednesday of every other month. In 2020, Free First Wednesdays are:
- March 4
- May 6
- July 1
- September 2
- November 4
*Must show proof of residency (photo ID or piece of mail) in one of the nine Bay Area counties.
Check Out a Museum Membership From Your Library
Many local libraries have Bay Area Discovery Museum Membership Cards that can be checked out and used to visit the museum. Check with your local library!
Open Door Policy
BADM does not turn away visitors due to lack of funds. Families are welcome to visit the museum on a pay-what-you-can basis. To participate, tell the front desk staff that you wish to enter under the open door policy.
Blue Star Museum Program
Active Military Discount
We offer free admission to one child and one adult with an active military ID. This discount is offered year-round.
Partner and Reciprocal Discounts
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following discounts:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM): Members of other children’s museums may be available depending on your membership level. Check your membership card for the ACM sticker. Valid members receive 50 percent off general admission to BADM.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to more than 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
For safety reasons, all children must be accompanied by adults at all times, and all adults accompanied by children. To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, BADM requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times. We reserve the right to turn away visitors who do not comply with this 1:5 adult-to-child ratio.
Request a Donation
Are you a school or nonprofit organization hosting a fundraising event?
Request BADM Passes for your next event.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land in Sausalito. Featuring seven exhibition spaces and more than six daily drop-in programs for children 6 months of age to 10 years, all of our programs and exhibitions are research-backed.
At BADM, we believe in early learning experiences that inspire and build fundamental creative problem solving skills in children, transforming the way they learn and the way they contribute to the world. Learn more about our STEM-focused, inquiry-driven experiences.
Bay Area Discovery Museum is currently closed. Updates on reopening will be posted on the BADM website, shared on BADM's social media channels, and emailed out.
Plan Your Visit
We are located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito.