Hours & Admission
BADM is Open!
Outdoor spaces are open to members and the general public! Indoor spaces are reopening in phases. First to reopen: Wobbleland and Bay Hall! Advanced tickets are required.
Outdoor spaces are currently open to members and the general public. We are using a timed ticketing system to help maintain an appropriate site capacity.
Admission is free to Bay Area residents* the first Wednesday of every other month. In 2020, Free First Wednesdays are:
- October 7
- December 2
We’re asking everyone to reserve their tickets in advance - including members. Members must login to reserve their free tickets.
We suggest registering for our site in advance for the smoothest experience.
- $1 – For EBT Cardholders ($1 per family member of the household)
- $14.95 – Baby (ages 6-11 months)
- $16.95 – Child (ages 1-17)
- $16.95 – Adult (ages 18-64)
- $14.95 – Senior (ages 65+)
Admission includes full access to the museum and museum events.*
*Goblin Jamboree, BADM's annual family fundraiser is not included in the price of admission.
We are limiting on-site capacity through timed ticketings and are asking everyone to reserve tickets prior to visiting.
To reserve tickets with an admission pass or discount, fill out this Ticket Request Form, and we can help you book your tickets.
Museums for All - $1 Admission
BADM offers $1 admission to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) cardholders and their families ($1 per family member) through the Museums for All program. Tickets must be reserved in advance and EBT card presented at check-in.
Free First Wednesday
Admission is free to Bay Area residents* the first Wednesday of every other month.
Reservations for Free First Wednesday are now required due to state and county guidelines on capacity. Tickets are available to reserve starting 30 days in advance of the next Free Day.
- October 7
- December 2
*Must show proof of residency (photo ID or piece of mail) in one of the nine Bay Area counties.
Check Out a Museum Membership From Your Library
Many local libraries have Bay Area Discovery Museum Membership Cards that can be checked out and used to visit the museum. Check with your local library!
Open Door Policy
BADM does not turn away visitors due to lack of funds. Families are welcome to visit the museum on a pay-what-you-can basis. To participate, tell the front desk staff that you wish to enter under the open door policy.
Blue Star Museum Program
Active Military Discount
We offer free admission to one child and one adult with an active military ID. This discount is offered year-round.
Partner and Reciprocal Discounts
Please show proof of membership at the front desk upon entry for the following discounts:
- Automobile Association of America (AAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM): Members of other children’s museums may be available depending on your membership level. Check your membership card for the ACM sticker. Valid members receive 50 percent off general admission to BADM.
- Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC): The ASTC Passport Program gives members free general admission to more than 300 institutions located outside a 90-mile radius of your residence. Check your membership card for the ASTC logo.
- California Alumni Association (CAA): $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- KQED: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
- UCSF: $1 off per visitor, up to 5 people
Due to COVID-19, group size is limited to 6 or less. We look forward to welcoming back larger groups when it is safe to do so.
For safety reasons, all children must be accompanied by adults at all times, and all adults accompanied by children. To ensure the safety and comfort of all visitors, BADM requires all groups to maintain a minimum supervisory ratio of one adult for every five children at all times. We reserve the right to turn away visitors who do not comply with this 1:5 adult-to-child ratio.
Request a Donation
Are you a school or nonprofit organization hosting a fundraising event?
Request BADM Passes for your next event.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land in Sausalito and features seven exhibits for children 6 months to 10 years old.
At BADM, we believe in early learning experiences that inspire and build fundamental creative problem solving skills in children, transforming the way they learn and the way they contribute to the world. Learn more about our STEM-focused, inquiry-driven experiences.