The Bay Area Discovery Museum is committed to providing a safe and inviting environment to all.
See our accessibility page for more information on accessing the museum and museum offerings.
Please refer to the following policies before your visit.
- Firearms and weapons of any kind are prohibited at BADM.
- Alcohol and illegal substances of any kind are prohibited.
- Motor vehicles are not allowed on site during open hours unless operated by BADM staff, and accompanied by a Duty Officer.
- Profanity and all other aggressive and abusive behavior is prohibited on site. This policy includes everyone: guests, staff and volunteers.
- Corporal punishment of children in any form is not allowed.
- Fence jumping/passing children over the fence is prohibited – all guests must enter and exit the museum by the entry pavilion.
- All families and friends visiting the museum are required to have at least one legal adult guardian over the age of 18 in attendance.
Legal adults eighteen years of age or older are not permitted entry into the museum alone without accompanying a child.
- The legal adult guardian is responsible for the general supervision and oversight of the children throughout the visit.
- Minors under the age of 18 may not visit the museum without being accompanied by a legal adult guardian.
- Younger children (approx. 6 and under) should be supervised by their legal adult guardian at all times.
- Older children (approx. 6 & above) are allowed to participate in on-site programs without the direct participation of the legal adult guardian. For example, a nine (9) year-old might participate in a Fab Lab program and during that time the legal adult guardian may take a younger sibling to another area of the museum. However, the legal adult guardian must make arrangements to have the program participant rejoin them at the conclusion of the program.
Reminders to all visitors:
- Diaper changes should be performed in the restrooms only. Changing tables are available in all restrooms.
- Smoking is allowed only when outside the perimeter fence. To smoke, guests should exit the museum through the entry pavilion and out the front gate.
- Strollers are not allowed in most buildings for safety reasons. Signs are posted accordingly.
- Riding bikes, skates, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, roller shoes, etc. is not allowed on site.
- Only string activated piñatas are allowed on site.
- Balloons are not allowed on site per National Park Service rules and for environmental hazard reasons.
- The only animals allowed on site are service animals. In Fort Baker, it is illegal to leave animals unattended, including in a car or tied up.
- Guests must wear shoes while on site in most areas. Exceptions to this rule are infants, children in strollers, all visitors inside Tot Spot.
- Toy weapons are not allowed on site.
- Visitors should be directed to the Parade Ground if they wish to play with balls or kites.
For questions or concerns about our site policies, please call us at (415) 339-3900 or contact us by email at email@example.com.
See also: Accessibility at BADM
Plan Your Visit
We are located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge in Sausalito.
Closed Weeks: Sept 9-20
Tuesday-Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.* - 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Member Hour: Saturdays, 9-10 a.m.