The Bay Area Discovery Museum is committed to providing a safe and inviting environment to all.
See our accessibility page for more information on accessing the museum and museum offerings.
Please refer to the following policies before your visit.
COVID-19 Bay Area Discovery Museum Site Policies
- Visitors exhibiting flu-like or respiratory symptoms will be asked to leave and reschedule their visit.
Face coverings are optional, but strongly recommended indoors.
- Groups larger than 20 must make a reservation by emailing email@example.com 7 days prior to the desired visit date. For preschools and early elementary groups see our Discover-It-Yourself Field Trips. Learn More.
These site policies are in accordance with Marin County Health Guidance and the state of California’s Department of Public Health regulations. Any visitors not in compliance with Bay Area Discovery Museum Site Policies will be asked to leave.
- Firearms and weapons of any kind are prohibited at Bay Area Discovery Museum.
- Alcohol and illegal substances of any kind are prohibited.
- Motor vehicles are not allowed on-site during open hours unless operated by Bay Area Discovery Museum staff and accompanied by a Duty Officer.
- Profanity and all other aggressive, abusive, and offensive behavior is prohibited on site. This policy includes everyone: visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Corporal punishment of children in any form is not allowed.
- Fence jumping/passing children over the fence is prohibited – all visitors must enter and exit the museum at the designated points.
- All families and friends visiting the Museum are required to have at least one legal adult guardian over the age of 18 in attendance.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum is intended for ages 0 – 8. Legal adults eighteen years of age or older are not permitted entry into the Museum alone without accompanying a child.
- The legal adult guardian is responsible for the general supervision and oversight of the children throughout the visit.
- Minors under the age of 18 may not visit the museum without being accompanied by a legal adult guardian.
- Younger children (approx. 6 and under) should be supervised by their legal adult guardian at all times.
- Bay Area Discovery Museum encourages developmentally appropriate risk taking. Play elements in the museum have age guidelines or a minimum age to help parents and guardians to assess safety for their child(rent). However, each child is different and parents/guardians are responsible to provide direct supervision for the safety and security of the child(ren) in their care. There is inherent risk involved in all elements of play. Bay Area Discovery Museum is not responsible for injuries that occur at the Museum. Please stay close to your child(ren), use each play element only as intended, and ask a staff person for guidance if needed.
Reminders to all visitors:
- Your entry to Bay Area Discovery Museum constitutes implied consent to be photographed for marketing materials. To opt out, please see the front desk.
- Diaper changes should be performed in the restrooms only. Changing tables are available in all restrooms.
- Smoking is allowed only when outside the perimeter fence. To smoke, guests should exit the museum through the entry pavilion and out the front gate.
- Strollers are not allowed in most buildings for safety reasons. Signs are posted accordingly.
- Riding bikes, skates, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, roller shoes, etc. is not allowed on site.
- Only string activated piñatas are allowed on site.
- Balloons are not allowed on site per National Park Service rules and for environmental hazard reasons.
- The only animals allowed on site are service animals. In Fort Baker, it is illegal to leave animals unattended, including in a car or tied up.
- Guests must wear shoes while on site in most areas. Exceptions to this rule are infants, children in strollers, all visitors inside Tot Spot.
- Toy weapons are not allowed on site.
- Visitors should be directed to the Parade Ground if they wish to play with balls or kites.
For questions or concerns about our site policies, please call us at (415) 339-3900 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday - Sunday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Member Hour: 9 - 10 a.m.
Closed Monday - Tuesday