In this group activity, children work as team to line up in a specific order—perhaps by age, height, or birthday---while blindfolded.
- Blindfolds (one per person)
- Large area with an even surface
- Choose one person to be the coach. All the other players should line up, side by side, and put on a blindfold.
- The coach asks players to line up in a specific way. For example, by height, age, alphabetical order, or birthday. Be creative!
- Players should work as a group and talk to each other to figure out how to line up. Move slowly and cautiously so that no one gets hurt. The coach can help guide people physically for safety but can’t help the team find the correct order.
- Once everyone with a blindfold thinks they are in the right order, take the blindfolds off and see how it turned out.
- Pick a new coach and line up in a new way.
Try these activity variations:
- Don’t use the blindfolds. Try doing the activity with no talking instead.
- For a greater challenge, try the activity with a larger group.