Create a map of your life! Identify key life moments, design symbols to illustrate these events, and create a life map to showcase the journey. This activity encourages self-actualization and creativity.
- Large piece of paper to draw on
- Writing paper
- Construction Paper
- Markers or colored pencils
- Pen or pencil
- Choose three prompts from the list below. Write a short statement using the sentence starters as beginning text. Use descriptive words. Statements don’t need to be long (approximately 5-7 sentences).
- Fun Times: “One of the funniest moments of my life was...”
- On Top of the World: “The time in my life when I felt most proud of myself was...”
- Comfort Zone: “Even though I was nervous, I faced my fear and...”
- Overcoming Obstacles: “The biggest challenge of my life was when...”
- Missing You: “The person I miss the most is...”
- Create a symbol that represents each of the three events. Be creative. Use the construction paper, scissors, and markers to create the symbols. For example, an airplane represents a special trip or a heart represents a first crush.
- Once the symbols are created, make a map that highlights these three life moments. The map can look like a treasure map, a city map, a road map, a subway map, etc. Think of a theme for your life and create a map that fits that theme.
- Reflect on the map and your interesting life!
Try this add-on activity:
- Add a “crossroads” section to the map. Was there a time when you had to make a big choice or decision? Was there a decision that you made that significantly affected the rest of your life? What would’ve happened had you made a different decision? Include a symbol for a “crossroads” section of your life and add it to the map.