Work as a team to move a marble from Point A to Point B, allowing the marble to only touch PVC piping. This group activity helps children practice problem solving and collaboration skills.
- A marble
- PVC pipes
- Choose an activity leader. The leader passes out pieces of PVC pipe to each player.
- Decide on a starting point (Point A) and a finishing point (Point B). Move the marble from Point A to Point B using only the pieces of pipe.
- Work together to move the marble from Point A to Point B.
- Every piece of PVC pipe must be used.
- Each team member has to be involved in some way.
- The marble can never touch the ground. If it does, start again at point A.
Try these add-on activities:
- After completing the activity successfully, take away a few pieces of PVC pipe and try the activity again.
- Choose a longer distance to move the marble.