Reopening Frequently Asked Questions
Opening and Admissions
BADM will reopen on Saturday, August 8 to members only. BADM will reopen to the public on Saturday, August 22.
Our open hours will be Wednesday-Sunday, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Reserve your tickets here.
To help us maintain an appropriate site capacity, BADM is moving to a timed ticket process. Please make reservations in advance of your visit. To view available timeslots, visit our ticketing page.
Members must log in to reserve their timeslot for free.
Please note, there is no time limit to your visit.
If you have an admission ticket or another pass or discount you would like to use, please fill out our pass form or email us to reserve your tickets. You can find a full list of our admission discounts here.
We are closely following the State of California and Marin County public health guidelines and protocol to keep our visitors and staff safe. We are initially capping on-site attendance at 15% of normal outdoor space capacity.
When you arrive, you’ll see physical distancing markers on the ground as well as signage directing you to the appropriate line for entry. Our Front Desk staff will welcome you, confirm everyone in your group is healthy, and scan your tickets.
BADM will be offering robust outdoor experiences, including favorites like Lookout Cove and Faith, along with new art and STEM offerings:
- Find Buddy: Buddy the butterfly is hiding in the museum – follow clues to find him four favorite hiding spots.
- Spray Bottle Painting: Think outside the brush – grab a spray bottle instead! Create a unique spray bottle painting on a giant canvas, and watch as it becomes part of a collaborative masterpiece.
- Instrument Walk: Pick up a mallet and see what sounds you can make as you navigate a path of large-scale intruments including drums, xylophones, and more.
- Paint Our Village: Creativity takes a village! Children will paint details on kid-sized houses in BADM’s mini village.
- Play Kits: Check out a personal play kit for a building challenge or to explore Lookout Cove.
- And more!
In accordance with state and county health guidelines, face coverings are required for all visitors age 2+. Those who are exempt from wearing a mask by reason of medical condition, mental health condition, or disability will be permitted to enter the site without a mask. These visitors may be required to wear a face shield, which BADM will provide whenever possible.
In response to the COVID-19 situation, BADM has increased its already robust cleaning procedures:
- All spaces will be cleaned and sanitized at least every two hours. This may mean that some spaces close periodically for cleaning.
- Materials will be cleaned between uses. Visitors may collect clean materials from marked “Clean Bins” and return materials to “Used Bins.” Please support young children in collecting clean tools and placing used ones in the correct bins.
- The use of communal materials will be limited, and more individual materials will be available in “Play Kits” that can be checked out from the Playhouse.
Physical distancing markers are in place to guide you throughout your museum visit.
In addition to overall reduced site capacity, we are also limiting capacity in certain spaces throughout the museum. Please follow the guidance of any signs or floor indicators.
Policies and Procedures
To reschedule or cancel your tickets, please call (415) 339-3936 or email email@example.com. If you are unable to use your tickets, we will issue you a refund.
Yes – the name on the tickets does not need to match the name of the person using them. Due to state regulations, groups larger than 6 are unable to visit the museum at this time.
Please note, if you plan to have a caregiver bring your kids under your membership, the caregiver must be listed on your membership and show a photo ID at checkin.
Not sure how many people are covered on your membership? Check here.
Our staff is always happy to help, or to answer any additional questions you may have. Please give us a call at (415) 339-3900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.